Some researchers of the DAC have generated spin-off companies:
- Safelayer 1997, created by Paco Jordán, Jordi Iñigo, Jordi Buch and Manel Medina. Develops technology for digital identification, electronic signature and data encryption for documents and web services.
- Semarket 1997, spun off form Safelayer. Develops products and services related with the identification and the verification of identities, access control and electronic signature.
- TB-Security S.A. 1999, created by several esCERT-UPC members (Manel Medina, Jordi Linares, Marta Cruellas, Manuel García-Cervigón, ...), was InetSecur at the begining. Information security management, development of Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) or other centralized solutions.
- Ready People S.L. 2003, created by Marcel Medina and Manel Medina
- Adda Documental 2006, created by Joan Carles Cruellas, Frederic Monràs, Manel Medina, Sergi Cabré and Pau del Canto. Currently, it has no activity,
Miraveo Inc. 2008, created by Jorge García Vidal
Develops ad-hoc, peer to peer networking technology to create and deploy robust and resilient Spontaneous Area Networks (SPANs), enabling location-based networking among users over conventional mobile devices.
- Sparsity S.L. 2010, created by members of DAMA-UPC (Josep Lluís Larriba Pey, Víctor Muntés Mulero, Norbert Martínez Bazán, Pere Baleta Ferrer...), commercializes and provides services based on the technologies developed at DAMA-UPC.
- Ludium Lab, 2012, created by Àlex Pajuelo and Javier Verdú, specialized in electronic transmission of information from the cloud.